Status - Permanent
Division - Residential Services
Required Qualifications - Diploma in Human Services, RCW, Child & Youth Worker or equivalent education
Inclusions East is looking for an Employment Support Worker to join our team of caring professionals and support our clients with intellectual disabilities as they transition into paid employment positions in the competitive job market.
This person will undertake the rewarding role of helping clients develop the employment skills, job search skills and life skills needed to obtain and maintain paid employment.
- To consult with stakeholders and develop a transitional plan for clients in co-ordination with Inclusions East's senior staff. Plans will focus on needs for employment and inclusion in the community.
- To meet and assess employment needs and barriers of clients whether on-site or outreach.
- To secure community placements/involvement with Employers by and providing follow-up co-ordination, monitoring and support. This includes providing job coaching, client scheduling, etc. and may include employment exposure.
- To provide on-site support to clients. Specific duties will vary from site to site but may include computer support, assistance in gaining skills, deliveries, support at various retail locations, etc.
- To be knowledgeable and efficient in documentation requirements including weekly reporting to OCSM
- To maintain positive, supportive and professional communication with co-workers, families, other professionals and Employers
- Planning and delivery of weekly group sessions focusing on employment and life skills
- To ensure the work environment is safe, clean, orderly
- Completion of a recognized Human Services program and/or
- Completion of courses or training in employment /career services
- A minimum of two years experience in the Human Services field especially in the area of employment and/or transition planning and training
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to develop, implement, and monitor meaningful opportunities with and for clients
- Must possess strong abilities to problem solve
- Must have positive communication abilities and good public relation skills
- Must be able to work as a team member and independently
- Must be self-motivated and directed
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Knowledge of community and applicable contacts and resources are definite assets
- Current Mandt Training, First Aid and CPR or willing to take training within three months of employment
- Presentation of a satisfactorily completed police record check with vulnerable persons check is required