Associate Family Program
Interested in a rich, rewarding experience?
For the right individuals, becoming an associate family to an adult with an intellectual disability can fill your life with joy.
Inclusions East provides opportunities for individuals, families and/or couples to open their home to an adult with an intellectual disability to live together in a warm, home-like family atmosphere while enhancing community involvement and inclusion. Associate families agree to provide nurturing, supportive and safe environment for this person.
Associate Family Program Process:
- Home Study - Home Visit 1
- Home Study – Home Visit 2
- Placement Process
If interested, call 902-969-3065 or email the Residential Supervisor to receive an Associate Family Inquiry Form.
Eligibility for Providing an Associate Family Home (upon approval)
- Over 18 years of age
- Training: First Aid/ CPR
- No criminal record
- Willing to participate with Agency (case workers, programs, services and mandates)
- No major health problems that may prevent provisions of care
- Own or rent house or apartment
- Able to provide a furnished bedroom: Min 7 ft x 10 ft (Including single bed, dresser, and closet space. The client should have the opportunity to use his/her own furnishings in the bedroom)
- Provide proof that Home and Vehicle Insurance Agencies are notified of changes in household use
- Must have Fire extinguisher, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Emergency Plans (safety code)